We have pioneered the use of energy efficient LED illumination in our signs and have installed a wide range of technologies at our head office and workshops as part of an ongoing programme of increased sustainability and also operate a unique national recycling service for polypropylene, aluminium and metal signage.
- We are committed to identifying and reducing all aspects of our environmental impacts, maintaining regulatory compliance, as well as other Codes of Practice to which we subscribe.
- Overall responsibility for the Environmental Policy lies with the Directors. Individual responsibilities will be assigned for specific aspects of the policy.
- Kremer Signs are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance through the setting, monitoring and reviewing of objectives and targets via management review.
- Kremer Signs are committed to providing staff training and access to information to enable them to fulfill their environmental responsibilities.
- We will communicate this Environmental Policy openly with all its partners, customers, suppliers, insurers, enforcing authorities and the public.
- The environmental impacts of new projects will be assessed at the design stage. Projects will be designed to minimise potential environmental risks and to promote conservation of natural resources.
- Kremer Signs will develop plans to reduce the consumption of raw materials, water, energy and fuel. It will also develop plans to purchase alternative, less environmentally damaging materials.
- Kremer Signs will develop plans to minimise waste and where practical seek to reuse or recycle unavoidable wastes. All other wastes will be disposed of in a safe and legal manner.
In 2014 Kremer Signs produced in excess of 480 tonnes of fluted polypropylene to the property market, during the same period we collected and recycled just under 160 tonnes of used polypropylene, almost 33% of all signs manufactured, in addition we recycled 38 tonnes of aluminum and 96 tonnes of steel signage making us almost unique in the industry.
Our pledge to the environment goes back a long way, we were the first and are still one of the only companies that fully recycle Correx boards.
Kremer Signs will encourage contractors, suppliers and others to minimise their negative impact on the environment. The policy will be reviewed on an annual basis to assess its effectiveness.